A screen tent is necessary to carry on your picnics and outdoor adventures. It’s a great tool to give yourself extra protection from the perils of the outdoor world such as strong winds, hot weather, and several other uncertain weather conditions that you might face on your outings.
If you’re looking for the best screen tent, the following buying guide will ease your hunt. We will discuss their details, specifications, pros, and cons that will help you zero in on the best screen tent for your needs.
The roof design features tight weave mesh panels that shield you from insects. The zippered doors as well as the reinforced corners are made from durable material that makes the steel frame more opportune and supports the durability of the tent.
The tent has a UV protection and water-resistant roof making it appropriate for diverse climatic conditions such as summers, thunderstorms, and heavy rain.
- Brand: Gazelle Tents
- Tent Material: Polyester
- Dimensions: 74 × 9 × 8.5 inches
- Item Weight: 14.29 Kgs
- Floor Space: 92 FT^2
- Tent Height: 86 inches
- Capacity: 8 persons
- Provides accommodation for up to 8 people.
- The screen tent is made of waterproof fabric. Hence, it is suitable for wet weather as well.
- Takes less than a minute for the set-up.
- The center height of the canopy is more than enough.
- Doesn’t come with side panels.
- There’s no lock to secure the sides.
A single person can easily set up the entire canopy. The top cover of the tent is quite strong and grants sun protection along with protection from bugs, light rain, and bad weather.
The water-resistant roof makes it ideal for the rainy season and has no scope for leakages. The durability of the material is amazing as well.
- Brand: Coleman
- Tent Material: Nylon
- Dimensions: 49 × 13 × 11 inches
- Style: 12 × 10 feet
- Item Weight: 23.59 Kgs
- Tent Height: 80 inches
- Capacity: 6-7 persons
- The tent is quite stable and secure and provides protection from insects, rainy conditions, etc.
- The material of the canopy is well-ventilated.
- UV Guard protection from harmful sun rays.
- The size of the canopy is huge, making it appropriate for up to 7 people.
- The weight of the canopy is enormous; it might trouble you during accommodation as well as traveling.
- The carry bag doesn’t come with wheels.
The poles are strong. The peak height of the tent is 7.5 feet. It is suitable for around 5-8 people. You can even put picnic tables inside; a highly versatile option.
The roof of the canopy provides rain protection and 50+ UV protection. The tent is easy to carry– it will not be a hindrance to a smooth camping experience.
- Brand: Wenzel
- Tent Material: Synthetic
- Dimensions: 26.5 × 8.5 × 8.5 inches
- Item Weight: 8.87 Kgs
- Floor Area: 99 sq feet
- Tent Height: 90 inches
- Capacity: 7-8 persons
- The screen tent is lightweight and easy to carry.
- The magnetic doors make it convenient and secure to use.
- Has a waterproof roof and also shelters from 50+ UV rays.
- The canopy is portable and comes with a carry bag as well.
- The tent wall might not be able to withstand harsh weather and turbulent winds.
- Doesn’t completely keep insects out.
In this buyer’s guide, we are going to share the necessary points that you should take note of while buying a screen tent.
The primary factor to keep in your mind while looking for a screen tent is the weather conditions. It is advised to go for a canopy that is sturdy and has the ability to protect you in harsh weather conditions. Look for one that has a UV protective roof.
The canopy material of the tent is the second most important thing to consider. The durability of the tent entirely depends on the material used. We highly recommend you to go for a canopy made of heavy-duty and high-quality material.
Another thing to look for is the water-resistant ability of the screen tent. Some canopies consist of roofs made of waterproof material, while others do not. To avoid any lapse in protection from heavy rainfall, spend some time checking out this functionality.
Choose a screen tent that meets your space requirements. A large tent usually has enough space for around 7-8 persons. Do not forget to consider the dimensions of your table, chairs, carrying bags as well as sleeping bags.
Height of the Tent
Some screen tents come with a sufficient height of 7′ or so, while others do not. To avoid cramping and slouching, choose a screen tent that has a center height of at least 7′.
Surely, you wouldn’t want insects to disrupt your peaceful stay in your canopy. Always look for a well-ventilated screen tent to comfortably enjoy your picnic. Canopies with good mesh walls and mesh screens not only help with bug protection and in keeping the insects and mosquitoes away but also help in enhancing the circulation of fresh air inside the tent.
You’re now well informed with what to look for in a screen tent along with the top 3 screen tents out there. We’ve researched for you and all you have to do now is take a sneak peek into the specs and choose the best screen tent as your companion for the next outdoor experience.